Sikkim Sabbatical Leave Yojana | Government employees will get leave | How to Registration | The Government of Sikkim has implemented the Sabbatical Leave Scheme for the welfare of the government employees of the state. Through this scheme, government employees will be given leave without losing their jobs, so that they will be able to take leave when necessary work is done at home. How to get the benefit of Sabbatical Leave Yojana and what will be the application process for it. To get all this information, you have to read this article till the end.
SABBATICAL LEAVE SCHEME
The Sikkim Government has launched a Sabbatical leave scheme for state government employees. Under this scheme, regular government employees will be helped to pursue their desired venture without worrying about losing their government job. This will allow them to take maximum leave of about three years with 50 per cent basic pay.
Let us tell you that under the Sabbatical Leave Yojana, an employee will be allowed rest leave for at least 365 days only once in the entire service period. Which can be extended up to a maximum of 1,080 days. The notification states that the willing employee must have completed at least five years of continuous service.
About Of the Sabbatical Leave Yojana
|Name Of the Scheme||Sabbatical Leave Scheme|
|By Whom Initiated done||By the Government of Sikkim|
|Assistance to be Provided|
Grant of Sabbatical leave to Government Employees
|Sabbatical Leave Period||365 to 1080 Days|
Objective of the Sabbatical Leave Yojana
The main objective of the scheme is to provide sabbatical leave to its regular employees to help them pursue further studies, start new business.
Eligibility for the Sikkim Sabbatical Leave Scheme
- The beneficiary should be a permanent resident of Sikkim State.
- Those employees of the State Government who are regular will be eligible.
- Those who have completed their job for at least 5 years will get the benefit of the scheme.
Important Documents for the Sabbatical Leave Scheme
- Identity Proof
- Employee ID
- Loan Documents (If Applicable)
- Passport Size Photo
- Mobile Number
- Email Id
Important Guidelines for Sabbatical Leave Yojana
- Employees on leave may be called back to duty by giving one month’s notice whenever the State Government considers it necessary to do so in the interest of the State. Similarly, employees can re-join duty by giving one month’s notice.
- The employees who are already taking loan from their salary account will not be eligible for sabbatical leave.
- If 50% of their EMI amount is completed by their salary then they will be able to get leave.
- The scheme will not be applicable to any Government servant who is a member of All India Service or serving State Government on deputation from Central, other State Governments PSUs, Boards and Centrally Sponsored Schemes.
- Employees against whom departmental inquiry or vigilance cases are pending or pending or who have been placed under suspension will not be eligible till the disposal of the cases.
Benefits of the Sabbatical Leave Scheme
- Sabbatical Leave Scheme has been started for regular government employees of the state.
- Through this scheme, government employees will be able to get leave without losing their job.
- State government employees will be provided 50% of salary while on leave.
- Under Sikkim’s sabbatical leave scheme, employees will get sabbatical leave from 1 year which has been increased to 3 years.
- This scheme will facilitate the eligible employees of the state to find new best cases of livelihood.
- This scheme will help the employees to manage their family and social work.
- Sikkim state government employees will be able to start new business along with their government job.
- This scheme will help their employees to secure a government job during their sabbatical period.
- This scheme will be run in the entire state.
Features of the Sikkim Sabbatical Leave Yojana
- Granting leave to government employees
- Motivating the beneficiaries to take advantage of the scheme
- To make eligible beneficiaries self-dependent and empowered.
How to Registration for the Sikkim Sabbatical Leave Yojana
- First of all the applicant has to go to the scheme related department.
- After that you have to get the application form of “Sikkim Sabbatical Leave Yojana” from there.
- Now you have to fill the required information in this form.
- Then you have to attach the requested documents with the form.
- After all the process is done, you have to submit this form at the place from where you had received it.
- By following this process, you will successfully apply under Sikkim Sabbatical Leave Yojana.
Sabbatical Leave Scheme – Helpline Number
Applicants can get all the information about the scheme from the concerned department of the scheme.
I hope you have got all the information through this article. If you like the article then do comment and like it.
Last Updated on November 21, 2023 by Abinash