|| Arundhati Scheme | Karnataka Maitri Yojana | Online Registration | Eligibility & Features || The Government of Karnataka has implemented Arundhati and Maitri Yojana to provide financial assistance to Brahmin brides for marriage. Both these schemes provide financial assistance for marriage to the families of Brahmin brides. So that eligible beneficiaries can be encouraged for marriage. How to get the benefit of this scheme and how to apply under it. To get all this information, you have to read this article till the end. So let’s know – about Arundhati Scheme.
Karnataka Arundhati Yojana
Karnataka State Brahmin Development Board has started Arundhati and Maitri Yojana for the poor women of Brahmin society. The purpose of ‘Arundhati’ and ‘Maitri’ schemes is to provide financial benefits to poor Brahmin brides. Under the first scheme i.e. ‘Arundhati’, Rs 25,000 will be given to Brahmin brides. Whereas, under the second scheme or ‘Maitri’, Brahmin women marrying priests in the state will be provided with a surety guarantee of Rs 3 lakh through bonds. The financial assistance given to the beneficiaries will be sent directly to their bank account. By using this amount, the beneficiary will be able to cover the wedding expenses. Applications for the scheme will be accepted through online mode.
Why Karnataka Maitri and Arundhati Yojana was launched
The Purpose of starting these two programs named Arundhati and Maitri is to improve the economic condition of people who come from less privileged households, especially priests. Under the Arundhati Yojana, the state government will provide financial assistance to the families of Brahmin girls for marriage. In Maitri scheme, the government will provide financial assistance to the bride if she marries a priest (Archaka and Purohit). Under Karnataka Arundhati Yojana, around 550 families of Brahmin brides will get an assistance amount of Rs 25000 and under Maitri scheme, around 25 families will be given an assistance of Rs 3,00,000.
To enable the eligible beneficiaries to meet the expenses of marriage by providing financial assistance.
Overview Of the Shaadi Maitri and Arundhati Yojana
|Name Of the Scheme
|Maitri and Arundhati Yojana
|By Whom Initiated done
|By the Government of Karnataka
|Assistance to be Provided
|Providing financial assistance at the time of marriage
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of the state of Karnataka.
- The bride should be a member of the Brahmin group.
- The bride and groom should be married for the first time.
- Both the marriage and the marriage registration certificate must be registered.
- The Sangh should last for at least five years.
- Marriage Certificate
- Aadhar Card or Voter ID
- Brahmin Caste Certificate
- Passport size photo
- Permanent Certificate
- Mobile Number
- The Karnataka State Brahmin Development Board has started the Arundhati Yojana for the poor women of the Brahmin society. The purpose of Arundhati Yojana is to benefit the women of poor families. Under this scheme, 25 thousand rupees will be given to Brahmin brides.
- Under the Maitri scheme, a guaranteed guarantee of three lakhs will be made available to Brahmin women marrying priests in the state.
- Such a provision has been made in the scheme that the entire 3 lakh rupees will not be given in one go. It will be given in three years, one lakh rupees will be provided every year so that this scheme is not misused. These married couples will have to live together for three years to take advantage of this scheme. An installment of Rs 1 lakh will be given to the couple at the end of every one year of Shahi.
- This money will be given to those who will marry in the economically weaker families of their community.
- The population of Karnataka is about 6 crores. Out of this, 3% of the population is Brahmins.
- These schemes are part of an attempt to help the weaker section of the Brahmin society.
- The money will be deposited in three installments and if the marriage lasts for four years, the amount will be given along with interest in the fourth year.
- To provide financial assistance for marriage to eligible beneficiaries
- To transfer the assistance amount to the beneficiary’s bank account
- Encouraging beneficiaries to get married
- To make the eligible beneficiaries self-dependent and empowered
How to apply online for the scheme
- First of all eligible beneficiaries have to visit the official website.
- After that you have to select the Sign In option from the homepage menu to log in.
- Now the login form will appear in front of you.
- After that you have to provide your login credentials, which include your email id, password.
- After completing the required fields, you have to choose the Sign In option.
- After that to submit your application, you have to choose Arundhati Yojana or Maitri Yojana from the drop-down menu.
- After this process the registration form will open in front of you.
- In this form you have to fill all the information and also upload the required documents.
- After that you have to click on the option of “Submit” at the end.
- In this way you will be able to apply successfully for both the schemes.
Hope you have got all the information through this article. If you like the article then please like and comment.
Last Updated on October 31, 2022 by Abinash