|| Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Scheme | Saptapadi Vivah Yojana Registration | Application Form Download | Benefits & Eligibility || In India, marriage is a type of ceremony that is celebrated between two families. Today in this article we are going to tell you about Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Scheme. What is this Scheme and how to apply under it. To get all this information, you have to read this article till the end. So let’s know about Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana.
Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana
The Government of Karnataka has launched a new scheme known as Saptapadi Vivah Yojana. Which is also known as mass marriage scheme. Through the implementation of this scheme, the Government of Karnataka has promised its resident that they will provide benefits to all the eligible people in Muzrai Mass Marriage Scheme. Under which the facility of mass marriage will be provided to the couples who want to get married. Keeping this Vata in mind, eligible people will be linked to this scheme, so that financial help can be provided to the couples getting married in the state. With the help of which they will be able to start a new life.
Main aspects of the Scheme
Under the Saptapadi Vivah Yojana, a simple mass marriage ceremony will be organized by the District Administration and the Department of Religious Empowerment. The ceremony will be held on 25 May 2022 at Srikanteshwara Swamy Temple in Nanjangud town. The information about this vata has been given by the Additional Deputy Commissioner Dr. BS Manjunathwami. The marriage ceremony will begin on May 25, 2022 from 10:55 am to 11:40 am during the auspicious Katakana Lagna in the premises of Srikanteshwara Swamy Temple. Out of which the state government has started this scheme to support the economically weaker sections and middle class. With this scheme, help will be provided to these families, who are unable to collect money for marriage. Such eligible beneficiaries will be required to register their names before May 13, 2022, only then they will be able to participate in this marriage ceremony.
Overview of Saptapadi Vivah Yojana
|Name Of the Scheme
|Saptapadi Vivah Yojana
|By Whom Initiated done
|By the Government of Karnataka
|Citizens of the State
|Assistance to be Provided
|Married Couple Will be Given Financial Assistance
|Venue of the mass marriage
The Government has decided to selected Muzrai Temples of Karnataka state.
Dates of Saptapadi Vivah for the
The Government will announce the dates of the Mass Marriage ceremony soon.
Assistance to be provided under Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana
The bride and groom will get a benefit of Rs 55000 for the wedding which includes Rs 5000 for the groom to buy shirt and dhoti and Rs 10000 for the bride to buy wedding Sarees and Blouse and Golden Mangla weighing 8 Grams etc.
Important Guidelines for Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Scheme
- All those couples who want to participate in this event will have to follow the guidelines set by the government.
- The parents of both the bride and groom will need to give consent and be present at the wedding with witnesses.
- If any complaint is filed against the couples, their eligibility will be re-verified.
- If the documents submitted by the couple are found to be false then legal action can also be taken against them.
Restart Of Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Scheme
- Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana is being re-launched by the Government of Karnataka after a gap of 2 years. This information has recently been shared by the officials. Under this scheme, mass marriages will be held on 28 April, 11 May and 25 May in select A category temples.
- The government had started this scheme in the year 2019 but due to COVID-19 this scheme was stopped. But now in view of the situation, this scheme is being started again.
- Couples who want to take advantage of this scheme, they will have to register themselves in the temple with the necessary documents 30 days in advance. After that they will be given financial help for marriage through this scheme, so that they can get married with pomp.
- The temples selected under this scheme include Banashankari, Gavi Gangadhareshwar, Kadu Malleshwar and Dodda Ganapati.
Objective Of the Saptapadi Vivah Scheme
The main objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to poor families for marriage.
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Karnataka State.
- Applicant’s family should be living below poverty line.
- The age of the bride should be 18 years or above for the scheme and the age of the groom should be 21 years or more.
- This scheme is applicable only for marriages of Hindu religion.
- The marriage for this scheme will be held in select temples only.
- The wedding will take place only when both the bride and groom’s parents are present in the ceremony.
- Address Proof
- Age Proof
- Aadhar Card
- Religion Certificate
- Permission letter
- Passport Size Photo
- Mobile Number
Benefits Of Saptapadi Vivah Yojana
- A shirt, dhoti and cash assistance of Rs.5000.00 will be provided to eligible and registered grooms under the scheme.
- Similarly registered bride will be given a mangal sutra of 8 grams of gold or gold of Mangal Sutra worth Rs.40000.00
- A cash amount of Rs 10000.00 will also be assisted to the bride at the time of Saptapadi Vivah Yojana organized by the Government of Karnataka.
- This scheme will help the parents of minor young adult, who are under privileged line.
- The total financial assistance for the parents of both the bride and groom is Rs.55000.00.
- It is one of the major schemes to help ST/SC and BPL citizens of Karnataka at the time of marriage of their young adults.
- In view of the COVID epidemic, the government has divided the marriage ceremony into two parts, which was earlier planned to be done twice a year.
- Now in view of the situation, this scheme is being started from Dowara.
- Applications for the scheme will be accepted through offline mode.
Features Of the Scheme
- Providing financial assistance to both the bride and the groom for marriage
- To encourage poor families to get married.
- Reducing the discrimination of inequality.
- To make the eligible beneficiaries self-dependent and empowered.
Application Process for Saptapadi Vivah Yojana
- The application process for the scheme will be done through offline mode.
- If an applicant wants to enroll himself in the scheme, he/she must first check the list of temples which are providing incentives under the scheme.
- After that he has to go to the nearest temple.
- Then the applicant has to get the enrolment form from the temple authority.
- After that the applicant has to fill the details of bride and groom.
- Also all the necessary documents have to be attached with the form.
- After filling all the information, the applicant has to submit the form in the same temple office from where he had taken the form.
- After this process the list of selected applicants will be released before the scheduled date. After that eligible beneficiaries will be able to take advantage of the scheme. (Keep in mind that the applicant taking the benefit of the scheme will have to register 30 days in advance.
I hope you have got all the information through this article. If you like the article then please like and comment.
Last Updated on September 4, 2022 by Abinash