|| Socio-Economic Development Policy Scheme | Mizoram SEDP Scheme | SEDP Scheme Registration | Objective & Benefits || The socio-economic development policy scheme has been implemented by the Mizoram government for the welfare of the citizens of the state. Through this scheme, assistance is provided to the families by the government for their economic start-ups. Due to which the beneficiaries will become financially strong. How to get the benefit of this scheme and how to apply under it. To get all this information, you have to read this article till the end. So let’s know about Mizoram SEDP Yojana.
Mizoram SEDP Yojana
SEDP (Socio-Economic Development Policy Scheme) has been started by the Mizoram government to financially strengthen the citizens of the state. According to this scheme, assistance will be provided by the government for various sectors including agriculture and animal husbandry, fisheries, land resources, soil and water conservation, trade and industry, urban development and poverty relief, tourism department, etc. This assistance will be distributed in phases. So that it can help to promote the social life of the people and make their life happy.
Main aspects of the Scheme
To improve the financial situation, the state government has prepared this SEDP scheme. A total of about 60,000 people will be benefited by this scheme across the state. The departments working under this scheme will be in 11 districts, and they will cover more than 70 unique livelihood paths. This means that people will have the opportunity to choose from over 70 distinct trades falling under 09 different departments. In each of the 40 assembly constituencies, 60,000 beneficiaries at the rate of 1500 beneficiaries will be provided financial assistance of Rs 50,000 to supplement their ongoing economic activities as well as start new economic activities during the current financial year. The initiative will stick to its target of giving Rs 3 lakh or more with a disbursement of Rs 50,000 in the first year, starting with the payment in installments already. 700 crore has already been allocated for the implementation of this scheme. A total of Rs 350 crore will be earmarked for the family development program.
Overview of SEDP Yojana
|Name Of the Scheme
|Socio-Economic Development Policy Scheme
|By Whom Initiated done
|By the Government of Mizoram
|Citizens of the State
|Assistance to be Provided
|To be Provide Financial Aid
|50,000 to 3 lakh in the first year.
Objective of the Socio-Economic Development Policy Scheme
To bring about sustainable development by accelerating progress in key sectors through judicious use of resources and transforming Mizoram into a welfare state.
Socio-Economic Development Policy Scheme – Key Point
The main mission of the program is to specify the desired objectives in terms of development and production of livelihood. SEDP has been launched to get rid of the financial problems caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. But it took three years for the government to start this policy. To reach this goal, the government has promised Rs 3 lakh to help the beneficiaries start projects, which will be covered through the scheme.
Different Regions to be Selected for Mizoram SEDP Yojana
- In terms of households, agriculture selected 9,161 households,
- Veterinary Medicine selected 253,99,
- UD&PA selected 828,
- Land Resources, Soil and Water Conservation selected 5680,
- Horticulture chose 4078
- Commerce and Industry has selected 13266 sectors.
- Mizoram government has started SEDP (Socio-Economic Development Policy Scheme).
- Through this scheme, the government will provide assistance for various sectors including agriculture and animal husbandry, fisheries, land resources, soil and water conservation, trade and industry, urban development and poverty relief, tourism department, etc.
- Assistance for this scheme will be provided to 60,000 different families by the state government during the financial year.
- Rs 3 lakh will be given in the initial year, with a target of covering Rs 3 lakh through disbursement of Rs 50,000 thousand.
- In the second year of the scheme, the state government will provide financial assistance of more than Rs 3 lakh.
- Financial assistance will be given to the beneficiaries through installments of Rs.25,000.
- It is estimated that the first installment will be deposited in the accounts of the beneficiaries between September 1, 2022 to October 31, 2022 and the second installment is to be deposited between December 1, 2022 to February 15, 2023.
- Out of Rs 700 crore for this scheme, Rs 350 crore has been earmarked for the family development Programme.
Key Features of Mizoram SEDP Yojana
- Developing the state
- Providing financial assistance by the government to the people engaged in the field of planning
- Providing employment opportunities in the state
- To make eligible beneficiaries self-dependent and empowered.
Eligibility for SEDP Yojana
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Mizoram State.
- Beneficiaries looking for employment are eligible to apply for the scheme.
- The benefit of this scheme can be availed by all classes of citizens.
- Aadhar card
- Permanent Certificate
- Bank Account
- Income certificate
- Passport size photo
- Mobile Number
How to Apply for Mizoram SEDP Yojana
- First of all, the beneficiary has to take the application form by the committee at the village level.
- After that you have to fill the application form by choosing one of the more than 70 different professions in this form.
- Then you have to attach the necessary documents with this form.
- After all the process is done, you have to submit this form from where you had taken this form.
- Once the form is submitted, it will be processed by the governing authorities, and thereafter, the funds will be credited electronically to the accounts of the recipients.
Hope you have got all the information through this article. If you like the article then please like and comment.
Last Updated on November 18, 2022 by Abinash