Odisha Prerana Scholarship Scheme | Prerana Scholarship apply online | Benefits / Eligibility / Objective / Features / Important Dates | How to check application Status
Odisha Prerana Scholarship is the Post Matric Scholarship Registration Release and Network Automation scheme introduced by the SSD and Minorities and Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of Odisha. Through which beneficiaries can register online at home. The scholarship has been introduced to provide financial assistance to students belonging to the economically weaker and disadvantaged sections of the society to pursue matriculation / secondary qualification. How to get scholarship and how to apply for it. To get all this information, you have to read this article till the end. So let’s know – about Prerana Scholarship 2021
Prerana Scholarship 2021 has been started by the Government of Odisha to make poor students self-reliant and connect them with education in the state. Under this, the scholarship is provided by the State Government for the continuation of studies to the beneficiaries of SC / ST / OBC / General / Minority category in the state.
Prerana Scholarship Registration
The Prerana Scholarship Portal is an initiative of the Government of Odisha to provide financial assistance to the economically weaker students of the state to help them in their post-matriculation studies. It has been implemented by the SC and ST Development Minorities and OBC Welfare Department of the Government of Odisha. For this portal, students belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes / Minorities can apply online by visiting the official website to get scholarship. The scholarship application process has been simplified on the portal to ensure timely scholarship transfer to students’ bank accounts.
List of Odisha Prerana Scholarship
The SSD Minority and Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of Odisha has classified the Prarana Scholarship 2021 into the following groups. The complete list of Prerana Scholarship is given below, whose details are as follows –
|Group I||Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students||Graduation/ Post Graduation level courses like Engineering, Medical, Agriculture and Veterinary CPL Courses, PG Diploma in Medicine and Management, PhD M.Phil, Courses related to Accountancy, Post-Doctoral Program, LLM, etc.|
|Group II||Post-matric Scholarship for ST Students||Graduation or Post Graduation such Degree, Diploma, Certificate in Pharmacy, Paramedical, Nursing, LLB, Mass Communication, Interior Decoration, Hotel Management, etc. PG Courses such as MA/M.Com/ M.SC/ M.Ed/ M.Pharma, etc.|
|Group III||Post-matric Scholarship for OBC/SEBC Students||Graduation Course|
|Group IV||Post-matric Scholarship for EBC Students||12th, ITI, 03 Year diploma and 02 years of vocational courses.|
Students who want to apply for Odisha Prerana Scholarship will have to apply before the last date. All the important dates are given below –
|Last Date for Submission of online Application by students||Available Soon|
|Last Date for submission of duly signed printed online version hard copies to the students||Available Soon|
|The Last date for scrutiny & forwarding online applications by students||Available Soon|
|Last date for submission of hard copies of the applications by the institute to the DWO Concerned||Available Soon|
|Last date for online sanctions of applications by the districts||Available Soon|
Categories Of Groups
To get the scholarship, the students are classified into the following groups, whose details are as follows –
|Group I||Graduation/ Post Graduation level courses like Engineering, Medical, Agriculture and Veterinary CPL Courses, PG Diploma in Medicine and Management, PhD M.Phil, Courses related to Accountancy, Post Doctoral Programme, LLM, etc.|
|Group II||Graduation or Post Graduation such Degree, Diploma, Certificate in Pharmacy, Paramedical, Nursing, LLB, Mass Communication, Interior Decoration, Hotel Management, etc. PG Courses such as MA/M.Com/ M.SC/ M.Ed/ M.Pharma, etc.|
|Group III||+3 Courses.|
|Group IV||12th, ITI, 03 Year diploma and 02 years of vocational courses.|
Application Period under Prerana scholarship 2021
|Scholarship Name||Application Period||Awards|
|Post-matric Scholarship for SC||August-October||Actual tuition fee/course fee, admission fee, library & sports fee and maintenance allowance of up to INR 550 for day scholars & INR 1,200 for hostellers|
|Post-matric Scholarship for ST||August-October||Actual tuition fee/course fee, admission fee, library & sports fee and maintenance allowance of up to INR 550 for day scholars & INR 1,200 for hostellers|
|Post-matric Scholarship for OBC/SEBC||August-October||Actual tuition fee/course fee, admission fee, library & sports fee and maintenance allowance of up to INR 350 for day scholars & INR 750 for hostellers|
|Post-matric Scholarship for EBC||August-October||Actual tuition fee/course fee, admission fee, library & sports fee and maintenance allowance of up to INR 350 for day scholars & INR 750 for hostellers|
|Groups||Amount Per Month (Hosteller)||Amount Per Month (Non-Hosteller)|
|Group I||Rupees 1200/- (SC/ST) & Rs.750/- (OBC)||Rupees 550/- (SC/ST) & Rs.350/- (OBC)|
|Group II||Rupees 1000/- (SC/ST) & Rs.510/- (OBC)||Rupees 530/- (SC/ST) & Rs.335/- (OBC)|
|Group III||Rupees 1000/- (SC/ST) & Rs.400/- (OBC)||Rupees 300/- (SC/ST) & Rs.210/- (OBC)|
|Group IV||Rupees 1000/- (SC/ST) & Rs.260/- (OBC)||Rupees 230/- (SC/ST) & Rs.160/- (OBC)|
Odisha Prerana scholarship statistics
|Process by Institute||488632|
|Rejected by Institute||21360|
- Permanent Resident of Odisha State
- SC / ST / OBC / General / Minority students
- The beneficiary should be of backward categories.
- Applicant must have secured at least 50% marks in the previous examination.
The annual household income of the applicant should be as follows-
- The annual income of the family of SC / ST students should not exceed Rupees 2,50,000 / -.
- The annual income of the family of OBC / SEBC umbrella should not exceed Rupees 1,50,000 / -.
- The annual income of the family of EBC students should not exceed Rupees 1,00,000 / -.
- Aadhar card
- Permanent certificate
- Caste certificate (for minority self declaration)
- Income certificate (if applicable)
- Bank Account (Aadhaar Seeded)
- Educational Qualification Document
- Fee Receipt (if applicable)
- Passport Size Photo
- Mobile Number
The Objective of Prerana Scholarship is to facilitate fast and efficient scholarship application and timely payment of scholarship amount in bank account of eligible students.
- The portal lets students submit their application online at any given period of time from any place.
- It helps students track the status of their application.
- It helps students apply afresh with the same credentials in a new course of a new college.
- There is also the provision of bar-coding that lets the officials filter out the fake applications.
- Students and educational institutions receive SMS and e-mail alerts at various stages of processing.
- The applications can be renewed (importing the applications from the previous year) by the institutes only.
- Institutes get benefitted by the auto and bulk processing of scholarship applications.
- Scholarship sanctioning process has been made easy for the Sanctioning Authority.
- Auto disbursal of scholarship to student’s bank account.
- It has become easy for the Department and State Authority to monitor scholarships.
- The application can be submitted by the students online at any time during the day.
- At every stage of passing the application, the student gets notified.
- A facility of Barcode is also attached, which allows the officials to filter out the fake applications.
- A facility of application tracking is also provided for the students.
- The auto-transfer of funds is done directly to the student’s account.
Important Instructions regarding Application for registration
- The beneficiary will have to keep all his / her required documents such as matriculation, post matriculation mark sheet, bank account etc. at the time of application.
- The beneficiary will also have to submit the Aadhaar card details before submitting the application form.
- At the time of filling the application, the beneficiary has to check all the details thoroughly before submitting the final details.
- In future, you will have to take a print out of your submitted form as proof for any difficulties you do not face.
- You have to fill the bank account details carefully.
- You will not have to share the application ID and password with anyone, and keep it confidential.
How to apply for Prerana Scholarship
- First of all, the beneficiary has to go to the official website.
- Now you have to click on the login tab on the homepage.
- If you are not registered, you have to click on the link called ‘Register‘.
- By clicking here, you will come to the next page.
- Now you have to fill the application form, along with that the necessary documents will also have to be uploaded.
- After all the process is done, you have to click on submit button at the end and take a printout of the form.
Application Process for the students Outside the Odisha State
- Candidates who are doing their studies outside Odisha State, they have to apply online on the portal.
- After that you have to click on external state application tab.
- Now you have to download the scholarship application form.
- Then you have to read the instructions carefully and you have to fill all the information given carefully.
- After that you have to attach the required documents.
- After the whole process, you have to submit these forms to the promoted office.
- After this, your filled application will be examined by the institute.
- If everything is found correct, the amount will be transferred to your bank account.
How to check the Application Status
- First, the beneficiary will have to visit the official website.
- After that the home page will open in front of you
- Here you have to click on the application status
- Now a new page will open in front of you where you will have to enter your application ID.
- After that you have to click on the search button
- On clicking on the search button, the status of the application will appear on your computer screen.
Correction of Aadhar in Prerana scholarship
- First of all, the beneficiary has to go to the official website.
- Now you have to click on the login button.
- Now a new tab will appear on your computer screen which is known as your Aadhaar verification status.
- If the Aadhaar verification status is successfully verified, you will not need to take any action, but if it does not show verified, then you will have to correct your Aadhaar details by editing the personal details.
- After that, you have to submit the Aadhaar statement.
Prerana scholarship selection procedure
- First the institute will check the application received
- After that the application will be sent to the District Welfare Officers
- These officers will approve the applications and select the students.
- The selection of the candidate will depend on the decision of the District Welfare Officer.
- After that the scholarship amount will be transferred to the selected students in their bank account.
Hope you have got all the information from this article. If you like the article, do comment and like it.