|| WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme | West Bengal Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana| Kanyashree Prakalpa Online Registration | Application Status | Mobile App Download || Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana has been implemented by the Government of West Bengal to promote and empower girl child education in the state. Through which the girls are given financial help in the form of scholarship by the state government to continue their studies. So that financially weak families cannot marry their daughters before 18 years. How to get the benefit of this scheme and how to apply under it. To get all this information, you have to read this article till the end. So let’s know about Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme.
Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme
Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana has been started in the state to encourage girls from economically weaker families towards studies and to rein in the orthodox ideology. Under which financial assistance is provided by the government to the girls studying in schools. The financial help provided to the beneficiaries through the scheme will be provided in the form of one-time grant and annual scholarship. The amount that the beneficiaries will get will be directly deposited in their bank account through DBT mode. Under this scheme, girls of the state will not have to leave their studies incomplete and secondly they will not be able to get married before 18 years. Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana will do the educational development of the girls of the state and will work to bring about a change in the thinking of the people who have misconceptions about girls.
Main aspects of the Scheme
Financial assistance will be provided under the scheme to girls between the age of 13 years to 18 years and girls enrolled in class 8th to 12th.
This scheme is mainly started to control child marriage. Inspired by which eligible girls will be able to continue education till class 12th. Under this scheme, financial assistance will be provided annually to the beneficiary by the Bengal government. So that parents are motivated to educate their girls and delay their marriage till at least 18 years of age.
So far more than 57 lakh daughters have been registered under this scheme, out of which more than 56 lakh people have directly benefited from it. Apart from this, there has been a decrease in female feticide and child trafficking under the scheme and the number of girls going to school has also increased.
Overview of Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme
|Name Of the Scheme||Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme|
|By Whom Initiated done||By the Government of West Bengal|
|Concerned department||Women and Child Development Department West Bengal|
|Beneficiary||School Girls of the State|
|Assistance to be Provided|
To provide financial assistance to girl students so that they cannot get married before 18 years.
Objective Of the Scheme
The main objective of the scheme is to improve the education level of daughters, prevent female feticide, promote the birth of daughters and promote women empowerment.
Assistance to be provided under Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme
- Annual Scholarship:- Under the Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme, the scholarship amount has been increased from Rs.500 to Rs.1000 in 2013-14, which is provided to unmarried girls in the age group of 13 to 18
- Lump sum grant:- A lump sum grant of Rs 25,000 is given to girls at the time of attaining the age of 18 years when enrolled under Kanya Shree Prakalpa Yojana.
Total budget of the scheme
A total of Rs 7,588.90 crore has been spent for Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme. On the basis of which only this amount will be spent for the beneficiaries.
WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme Statistics
|One time grant|
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal
- All girl children in the age group of 13 to 19 years from families with annual income up to Rupees 1,20,000 are eligible for the scheme.
- Girls regularly attending institutions for education or vocational/sports training.
- Girls from child care institutions registered under JJ Act within the age group of 18-19 years.
- For lump sum grant, girl child who has completed 18 years on or after 1st April 2013.
- For annual scholarship to about 18 lakh girl students every year.
- Girls who are with special needs and are below class VIII can also apply for this scholarship
- This scholarship is also open for various vocational, technical and sports courses
- Aadhar card
- Birth certificate
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Residence certificate
- Educational certificates
- Bank account details
- Passport size photo
- Statement declaring you are unmarried
Benefits Of the Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme
- Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana has been started by the Government of West Bengal for the welfare of the daughters of the state.
- Through this scheme, financial assistance is provided by the government for the education of girls from economically weaker families.
- This assistance will be provided to the beneficiary girls in 2 ways – in the form of annual scholarship and one-time grant.
- The amount that the beneficiaries will get from this scheme will be directly transferred to their bank account.
- This financial assistance will be provided to girls studying in class 8th to 12th or from the age of 13 to the age of 18
- This scheme will encourage the girls of the state towards studies.
- Girls who used to leave their studies incomplete due to financial constraints, now those girls will get support from this scheme.
- This scheme will also play a major role in controlling child marriage in the state.
- This scheme will improve the condition of girls.
- Eligible beneficiaries will be able to get the benefit of Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme through online mode.
Key Features Of this Scheme
- To promote girl’s education in the state
- To provide financial help to the eligible girls for their studies by the government
- Providing assistance to the girl child to continue her studies
- To stop the evil practice like child marriage.
- To bring about a change in the thinking of people who have wrong perceptions towards girls.
- Connecting girls from economically weaker families with the scheme.
- To make the eligible beneficiaries self-dependent and empowered.
How to apply online for Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme
- First of all applicants have to get the Application form from the institute where they are studying.
- After that you have to fill this form carefully.
- Keep in mind that all the information being entered by the applicant in the form like your name, age, income details, bank details etc. should be correct.
- After that, you have to attach all the required documents along with the form
- Then you have to submit this application form to your institute.
- After that you will be given an acknowledgment receipt.
- In this way you will be able to apply successfully under the scheme.
Track Application Status
- First of all, the eligible beneficiary has to visit the official website.
- After that you have to click on Track Application Status option.
- Now the next page will open in front of you.
- In which you have to fill all the information asked, and finally click on the submit button.
- By clicking on the submit button, the related information will come on your computer screen.
Download Kanyashree Mobile App
- First of all, the eligible beneficiary has to visit the official website.
- Now you have to click on Download Kanyashree app option
- As soon as you click on this link, this app will be downloaded in your device
- After downloading you can install this app.
I hope you have got all the information through this article. If you like the article then please like and comment.
Last Updated on September 23, 2022 by Abinash