The Government of Kerala has implemented the KFON Scheme to provide better internet facilities to the people of the state. Through this scheme, the facility of high-speed internet connection will be provided to all the houses and government offices of the state so that the citizens can do the necessary work using the internet and can also download the important things in use. How to get the benefit of KFON Scheme and how to register for it? To get all this information, you have to read this article till the end.
KERALA FIBRE OPTICAL NETWORK SCHEME (KFON)
The Government of Kerala has started the “Kerala Fiber Optic Network” scheme for the citizens of the state. Under this scheme, the state government of Kerala will provide the facility of high speed internet broadband connection to homes as well as government offices. Around 14000 BPL houses and 30,000 government offices will be covered in the first phase of the KFON scheme. This scheme will be run in the entire state, so that internet connectivity can be provided to all the houses of the state.
About Of the Kerala KFON Scheme
|Name Of the Scheme||Kerala Fibre Optic Network Scheme|
|By Whom Initiated done||By the Government of Kerala|
|Beneficiary||Citizens of Kerala|
|Assistance to be Provided||Providing high speed internet|
|No. of Beneficiaries||20 lakhs Families|
Objective of the Kerala Fibre Optic Network Scheme
The main objective of the scheme is to provide high speed internet connection facility to homes and government offices by the state government.
Why the need of KFON scheme in Kerala?
The CPI(M) Government of Kerala has pointed out that telecom sector services through private players are yet to be made available smoothly in rural areas. So TELCOS have only limited bandwidth in rural areas because they know very well that there is no need of high speed internet connection in rural areas, but government thinks differently and they want that everyone Should be connected to digital infrastructure, even if it is a rural area. This is the reason why the CPI(M) government will now provide its own internet connectivity in Kerala. With this, Kerala has now become the first state to provide high speed internet connection and proves that internet will meet the needs of all people.
Coverage of Kerala Fibre Optic Network
Kerala state government aims to provide high speed internet connection facility to 14000 BPL families and 30,000 government offices in the first phase of KFON scheme. For which the state government decided to provide this facility to 100 BPL families in each of the 140 constituencies of Kerala. Let us tell you that on the date of launch the state government has already provided the benefits of KFON (Kerala Fiber Optic Network) to 17,412 government offices and 2105 BPL families in the state. Along with this, optical fiber cables have also been laid for 9000 houses by the state government. Through the implementation of the Kerala Fiber Optic Network scheme, the state government will cover an area of 30,000 km in the state, which will also cover the Edamalakudi forest.
Key Points of KFON
- KFON is an infrastructure project in Kerala, India, to provide high-speed broadband internet access to all households and government offices.
- It consists of 30,000 km of optical fiber cable network with 375 Points-of-Presence (PoPs) spread across Kerala.
- Infrastructure is shared with all service providers including cable operators to ensure comprehensive connectivity.
Implementation of Kerala Fiber Optic Network Scheme
- Cable work for government offices will be done by KFON, while individual beneficiaries will rely on private, local Internet Service Providers (ISPs).
- Kerala Vision Broadband, an initiative of cable TV operators, currently provides internet service in several districts.
- Internet connectivity for households will be provided by local ISPs, Telecom Service Providers (TSPs) or Cable TV providers.
Services provided by K-FON
- WiFi Hotspot
- Cloud hosting
- Internet Protocol Television
- Point of presentation
- OTT platform
- Connectivity available in Government offices
- Internet Leased Line
List of Stakeholders under the KFON Scheme
The details of the list of stakeholders are given below –
|Name of Stakeholders||Activity|
|Price Water House Coopers||Consultant of KFON|
|Kerala State Information Technology Infrastructure Limited (KSITIL)||responsibility of maintenance and valuable operation|
|Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) and Kerala State IIT Infrastructure Limited||Joint Ventures|
|Bharat Electronics limited (BEL)||System Integrator|
Kerala Fibre Optic Network Broadband Plans – Internet Rates
|Plan Details||Amount per Month||Limit|
|Basic Plan||299/- Rupees||20 Mbps (3000 GB per Month)|
|Highest Plan||1249/- Rupees||250 Mbps (5000 GB per month)|
Eligibility for the KFON Scheme
- The applicant must be a resident of the state of Kerala.
- Citizens of all categories will be eligible to take advantage of the scheme.
Benefits of the Kerala Fibre Optic Network Scheme
- The benefit of Kerala Fiber Optic Network Scheme will be provided to the citizens of Kerala state.
- Kerala Fiber Optic Network plan will cover 20 lakh households in the state.
- The scheme will be beneficial for the private network owners in the state.
- E-governance will get a boost through the implementation of the KFON scheme.
- 100 BPL families in each of the 140 assembly districts of the state will eventually be selected for the programme.
- The state government has allocated Rs 1500 crore to cover 30,000 km under the Kerala Fiber Optic Network plan.
- The government plans to connect 14,000 BPL families and 30,000 government offices in the state in the first phase of KFON.
- KFON will primarily act as an infrastructure provider.
- Through this scheme, not only internet connection will be faster but phone calls will also have a positive impact.
- KFON will accelerate the transition to 4G and 5G once it is connected to mobile towers in Kerala.
- This scheme will provide access to high-speed broadband internet to every household and government building.
- Kerala has become the first state to provide high speed internet connection and proves that internet is a basic right for all people.
Features of the Kerala Fibre Optic Network Scheme
- Internet connectivity for all households
- Providing high-speed internet service
- Improving Internet access for people
Online Registration for the Kerala Fibre Optic Network Scheme
- First of all the applicant has to go to the official website.
- Now you have to click on the link of click here for Register.
- Now the next page will open in front of you.
- In this page you will see 03 options.
- Retail Enquiry
- Corporate (B2B)
- Here you have to choose the option as per your Requirement and click on it.
- After that the Registration form will open in front of
- In this form you have to enter required details like name, mobile number, email id, address, pin code etc.
- After that you have to click on the Submit button at the end.
- In this way you will successfully apply under the scheme.
KFON Scheme – Helpline Number
- 0471-2969640, 4068006
I hope you have got all the information through this article. If you like the article then do comment and like it.
Last Updated on August 31, 2023 by Abinash