The Punjab government has implemented the Student Police Cadet Scheme for the students of the state. Through this scheme, information will be provided to the students studying in the schools about the work of the police forces, so that they can know about the activities of the police and their work. How to get the benefit of Student Police Cadet Scheme and what will be the application process for it. To get all this information, you have to read this article till the end.
PUNJAB STUDENT POLICE CADET SCHEME
The Student Police Cadet Scheme has been launched by the Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann Ji for the school students to increase the awareness level about the police services. This scheme will be run for the students of class 8 in the government schools of the state. Under Student Police Cadet Scheme, students will be able to visit Police Stations, Forensic Science Labs, Police Training Center as well as Cyber Cell Office and they will also be provided information about the working of police forces.
This scheme will be implemented in the entire state for 2 years. All the children who are studying in class 8 in the academic year 2023-24 will be able to take advantage of this scheme in class 9 as well. Let us tell you that the Student Police Cadet Scheme will cover 280 government schools in which one school will cover a batch of 40 students. In this way a total of 11,200 students will get the benefit of the Student Police Cadet Scheme for the next 2 years.
About Of the Student Police Cadet Scheme
|Name Of the Scheme||Student Police Cadet Scheme|
|By Whom Initiated done||By the Government of Punjab|
|Beneficiary||Students of the State|
|Assistance to be Provided||To inform about police work and their functions|
|Application Process||Online / Offline|
|Official Website||Coming Soon|
Student Police Cadet Yojana Topics Covered
- Unarmed Combat Training
- Training on legal rights and laws
- Internship programme with police
- First aid
- Quiz contest
- Visit Police Stations
- Visit Cyber Cell office
- Visit Police Training Centre
- Visit Forensic Labs
- Traffic Rules
- Cyber Crime
- Road Safety
- Safety of Children
- Awareness Session on Drugs
- Female Foeticide
- Domestic Violence
- Emergency Response
- Disaster Management
Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme – Implementation Process
Indoor Course: The school management will have to conduct only 01 class for indoor course every month. Due to the introduction of 01 class, the studies of the students of this course will not be affected.
Outdoor Course: For outdoor course the school management will have to arrange half-day courses 02 times in a month. In which students will be able to visit police station, forensic lab etc. All these arranged outdoor activities will be organized after the school holidays or during the weekend period.
Objective of the Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme
The main objective of the scheme is to inform the students about the policies and functions of the police department, so that the students can be helped to become partners in government and security.
Eligibility for the Student Police Cadet Scheme
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of the state of Punjab.
- Students studying in government schools will be eligible to take advantage of the scheme.
- Students studying in class 8th and 9th will get the benefits of the scheme.
Important Documents for the Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme
- Aadhaar Card
- Student ID Card
- Mobile Number
Benefits for the Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme
- Government of Punjab has launched Police Cadet Scheme for the students.
- The implementation of this scheme will be coordinated by the Community Affairs Division, Police and Education Department.
- A total of 11,200 children have been enrolled in this scheme.
- For the school year 2024-2025 only class 9th students will continue the program.
- Under this program, Rs 50,000 will be provided annually to each school, which has been fixed by the state government for all districts.
- Beneficiary students will be exposed to traffic laws and regulations, how to march in Republic Day and Independence Day parades, unarmed combat training, legal rights and law training, and an internship program with the police performing various law enforcement responsibilities.
- Along with this, students will be able to get information about survey of crimes in trend, cyber crime, child safety, traffic safety, drug abuse, corruption, female foeticide, first aid, emergency response to disasters, awareness session on domestic violence etc.
- Professors will conduct classes both inside and outside to take the benefit of Student Police Cadet Scheme to the students.
- This scheme will be run in the entire state.
- The benefit of the scheme can be provided to the students without any discrimination.
Features of the Student Police Cadet Scheme
- To inform the students about the policies and functions of the police department
- Motivating students to take advantage of the scheme
- Making eligible beneficiaries self-dependent and empowered.
How to Online Registration for the Student Police Cadet Yojana
Applicants who want to apply for the scheme through online mode will have to wait for a while. Because the official website has not been launched yet. When the website will be launched, applicants will be able to apply online by clicking on the link provided.
Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme Application Form Download
After the launch of the official website, the option of “Student Police Cadet Scheme Application Form Download” will appear on the home page of the site. You have to download the Application Form by clicking on this option. After that you have to fill this form, then go to the concerned department and submit it.
Student Police Cadet Scheme – Helpline Number
Helpline numbers for citizens will also be launched after the website is launched. Applicants can get detailed information regarding the scheme by calling these numbers. Applicants who are facing problem while filling the online form, they will also be able to get the solution by stating the problem.
I hope you have got all the information through this article. If you like the article then do comment and like it.
Last Updated on September 20, 2023 by Abinash