|| Sakhi Express Scheme | Jeevika Sakhi Express Yojana | Online Registration || Assam Sakhi Express Scheme has been implemented by the Government of Assam to make the women of the state self-dependent and empowered. Through which scooters will be provided by the government to the women engaged in the works of public interest. Women empowerment will get a boost from this scheme. To get all this information, you have to read this article till the end, so let’s know about Assam Sakhi Express Scheme.
Assam Sakhi Express Scheme
Assam Sakhi Express Scheme has been started by the state government for the welfare of women. Under which bikes will be provided to women workers. Starting the scheme, Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sharma has given 6670 scooters to the community workers. On this occasion, the Sakhi who have been given scooters will start working with more dedication. This scheme will be run in the entire state, so that the eligible beneficiaries can get the benefit of the scheme.
Total number of scooters to be provided under the scheme
In the financial year 2020-21, 4,238 scooters were distributed under the Sakhi Express Scheme and 6,670 scooters would be distributed for the financial year 2021-22. Due to which the total number of scooters distributed is 10,908.
Overview Of the Assam Sakhi Express Scheme
|Name Of the Scheme||Assam Sakhi Express Scheme|
|By Whom Initiated done||By the Government of Assam|
|Beneficiary||Citizens of the State|
|Assistance to be Provided||Provide Scooters|
Objective Of the Sakhi Express Scheme
The main objective of the scheme is to provide scooters to the eligible Sakhis of the state by the government to refine their work.
Key Aspects of Sakhi Express Scheme
Bringing in such schemes to help women-run SHGs will help Assam to become one of the highest per capita GDP states. “Sakhis” are those women who will be assisted by this scheme. The sakhis who will be given scooters will be the main link of this scheme and these women will be aware about their work. These beneficiary women will get ease in commuting by getting scooter. Due to which their honor and respect will also increase.
Inauguration Ceremony of Assam Sakhi Express Yojana
During the inauguration ceremony, the Chief Minister launched this scheme for the development of the women of the state. Big personalities participated in this function and put their views in front of the people. When Sarma delivered the speech, he praised the self-help groups in the state for timely repayment of loans to banks and other financial institutions. The Chief Minister said that this would ensure that the number of loans stuck in priority sector loans remains within reasonable limits. This will infuse more money into the SHGs so that they can do more work.
Ranjit Kumar Das praised the Chief Minister for guiding the programs of the department and ASRLM. The P&RD Minister urged the “Sakhis” to make judicious use of scooters for improving the rural economy under the economic linkage of women.
The Chief Minister urged the “Sakhis” to work towards promoting the knowledge of the benefits of a modest family among the people of rural areas. Apart from this, the Chief Minister also appealed to the Sakhi women to cooperate with the government in the current Aadhaar-seeding process so that they can be eligible for various benefits offered by them.
Eligible Beneficiaries for Assam Sakhi Express Scheme
- Krishi Sakhi,
- Insurance Sakhi,
- Animal Sakhi
- Jeevika Sakhi
- Women members of self-help organizations in their roles as “community cadre”
- Aadhar card
- Permanent Certificate
- Evidence of the field in which women are working
- Income certificate
- Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photo
Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana
Benefits Of Assam Sakhi Express Scheme
- Sakhi Express Scheme has been started by the Government of Assam to protect the interests of women Sakhis of the state.
- Scooters will be provided by the government to eligible women Sakhis through this scheme.
- These scooters will be provided to the beneficiaries to do their work well.
- With the availability of scooters, these women will be able to do public works easily.
- With the help of scooter, the eligible women will have the facility of commuting.
How to apply for Assam Sakhi Express Scheme
- First of all the beneficiary has to go to the official website.
- After that you have to click on the option to sign up for Sakhi Express.
- Now a form will open in front of you.
- In this you have to fill all the information asked – such as your name and address etc. Then you have to attach all the required documents.
- Then you have to send the form.
- After this process the form will be processed and forwarded, after that you will be told whether your form has been accepted or not.
Hope you have got all the information through this article. If you like the article then please like and comment.
Last Updated on October 12, 2022 by Abinash