|| Marriage Certificate Punjab | Marriage Certificate Online Registration | Application Form Download | Marriage Certificate Download || Marriage certificate is the main document. Which is provided to the beneficiaries after registration for marriage. It has become mandatory for every couple to register their marriage and obtain a marriage certificate. This certificate serves as a proof of marriage. Registration for obtaining marriage certificate can be done after 01 month of marriage. For which the Punjab government has also started a portal. Through which citizens will be able to apply online and offline for Punjab Marriage Certificate. How to get the benefit of this facility and how to apply under it. To get all this information, you have to read this article till the end. So let’s know about Punjab Marriage Certificate.
Punjab Marriage Certificate
It has been made mandatory for every citizen of India to obtain a marriage certificate after marriage. This certificate serves as a proof of marriage. Which is used to obtain various types of documents like immigration, visa, PAN, change of name etc. Keeping this situation in mind, the Punjab Government has launched an official portal. Through this portal the citizens of Punjab will be able to easily apply for getting the marriage certificate. With the online facility available to the people of the state, now the citizens of Punjab will not need to go to any government office to get the marriage certificate. They will be able to apply for it sitting at home.
This certificate can be obtained after one month of marriage. If a couple does not get a marriage certificate after marriage, then the couple will have to pay a fine of Rs 2 every day.
Key Aspects of Punjab Marriage Certificate
Punjab Marriage Certificate provides marriage certificate to couples after their marriage. Citizens of Punjab can register their marriage both online and offline. Now citizens will not need to visit any government office to get the marriage certificate, as the entire process of registration has been made available online for the convenience of the beneficiaries.
Overview Of the Punjab Marriage Certificate
|Name Of the Scheme||Punjab Marriage Certificate|
|By Whom Initiated done||By the Government of Punjab|
|Beneficiary||Citizens of the State|
|Assistance to be Provided|
Marriage Certificate Couples are provided marriage certificate online after their marriage.
Objective Of Punjab Marriage Certificate
The main purpose of Punjab Marriage Certificate is to provide marriage certificate online to couples after their marriage. Using which it can be easy for the beneficiaries to get different types of documents like immigration, visa, PAN name change etc.
- Both the bride or groom or one of them should be a permanent resident of Punjab
- The age of the bridegroom should be 21 years or more and the age of the bride should be 18 years or more
- Registration for marriage will be done after one month of marriage.
- If the bride or groom is divorced then it is mandatory to give divorce certificate
- In case of remarriage it is necessary to submit the death certificate of husband and wife.
- Aadhar card of bride and groom
- Wedding Invitation Cards
- Passport size photograph of bride and groom
- Identity documents of witnesses
- Age proof of both bride and groom
- A photograph of both the bride and groom (at the time of marriage)
- Residential certificate of the place where there is a girl child.
- If the bride wants to change her name after marriage, she must have a certificate attested by the authority
- No Objection Certificate from the Embassy of the other country (if married abroad)
Benefits Of the Punjab Marriage Certificate
- Marriage registration is done by the beneficiary to get the marriage certificate.
- This registration has been made mandatory for all married couples.
- The beneficiary has to pay a prescribed fee for getting the marriage registered.
- According to Indian law, it is a type of legal proof.
- This certificate is used to obtain citizenship.
- This certificate is useful for taking benefits of life insurance.
- It is mandatory to give marriage certificate to foreign embassies located in India or to prove a wife abroad.
- Marriage certificate proves to be very helpful in case of any kind of dispute (dowry, divorce, maintenance etc.) between husband and wife.
- It also helps in curbing child marriage because if you are not of marriageable age then the marriage will not be registered.
- Marriage certificate is useful in both cases whether married or divorced. This document is more useful for women because after divorce, women need financial and social security more than men.
- Women’s rights can be protected through marriage certificate.
- If the husband dies, then the wife gets all the rights through the marriage certificate.
- It has been made mandatory for citizens of every religion to get a marriage certificate.
- Many other documents can also be made through this certificate.
- Beneficiaries can apply for marriage registration through online and offline.
- During divorce proceedings,
- In determining the validity of the child,
- As a piece of evidence if the spouse wants to change his or her name after marriage,
- While claiming property of one spouse in the case, when no one is named in it,
- As part of a genealogical history,
- To apply for a passport or open a bank account after marriage
- In obtaining visas for both husband and wife,
- Helpful in catching the guilty in case of fraud
How to Apply Online for Punjab Marriage Certificate
- First of all the eligible beneficiary has to visit the official website.
- Now you have to click on the link of Punjab Marriage Certificate
- After that the Application form will open in front of you.
- Now you have to fill all the required details in this application form
- After that you will also have to upload all the required documents.
- After this all the process is done, then you have to click on the submit button at the end.
- By following this process you will be able to apply for marriage certificate online.
Offline Application for Punjab Marriage Certificate
- You have to go to the Municipality Office of your area.
- Now you have to get the Application form for marriage certificate from there.
- After that you have to enter all the necessary details like your name, mobile number, email id etc. in this form.
- Then you have to attach all the required documents with this form
- After that you have to submit this form to the same municipality office from where you had taken the application form.
- By following this process you will be able to apply for marriage certificate offline.
I hope you have got all the information through this article. If you like the article then please like and comment.
Last Updated on January 9, 2023 by Abinash