|| Study in India Portal | Online Registration | Application Form | List of the Institutes | Helpline Number ||
The standard of education in foreign countries was very high. In view of this, most of the students of India used to go abroad to study. But now the situation has changed, now education has started expanding in India too. Due to which now students from abroad are coming to study in our country. This work has been done by our government. To give a new direction to this work, the Study in India Portal has been launched by the government. Which inspires foreign students to come to India. So let’s know about the Study in India Portal.
Study in India Portal
To expand education in India, Study in India portal has been launched to provide quality and affordable education in higher education to foreign students. Through which foreign students will get a chance for research and innovation including admission in engineering, medical, pharmacy, architecture etc streams. To improve education, foreign students will be able to apply for admission in all these institutes directly by going to one place and they will get admission in some university according to their qualification. Through Study in India, foreign students will be able to study in 160 premier educational institutions of the country including IITs and IIMs. To take this program forward, Rs 150 crore will be spent by the government in 2 years.
About 47000 foreign students study in India. Most of these students come from countries like Afghanistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh apart from African countries. The government aims to bring 1.5 lakh to 02 lakh foreign students to India to study by the year 2022. With this program, India will be able to maintain its popularity in the field of education in the world. Due to which more and more foreign students will come to study in India.
Key Points of Study in India Portal
- There are more than 40 thousand colleges and more than 800 universities in the country. Out of which the top 50 universities have been given autonomy.
- A total of 160 higher education institutes will be identified and taught to foreign students.
- Improving India’s soft power with focus on neighboring countries.
- To boost the number of international students coming to India.
- To improve the overall quality of higher education.
- Increase in India’s global ranking as an educational destination.
- India’s global market share of international students will increase.
Fee waiver proposed under Study in India program
- To attract these foreign students to India, the fees of top 25% meritorious students will be completely waived by the government.
- 100% waiver of tuition fees for only the top 25% of students.
- 50% Waiver of Tuition Fee for the next 25% of the students
- 25% off tuition fees for the next 25% of students
- There will be no tuition fee waiver for the remaining 25% of the students.
- As per the existing government structure, there is also a provision of 10-15% additional seats for foreign students.
- Apart from this, visa rules will also be relaxed to encourage foreign students to come and study in India.
Main Objective of the Study in India Portal
To target foreign students by branding India as an attractive education destination.
Eligibility for Study in India Program
- Foreign students
- The medium of instruction in all courses and institutions will be English.
Documents Required for Study in India Program
- Identity card
- Permanent Certificate
- Educational Qualification Documents
- Mobile Number
- Passport size photo
Benefits of the Study in India Portal
- Study in India web portal acts as a single window for foreign students who want to study in India.
- Through which students will be able to apply directly after getting information about various institutes of India.
- With the help of this portal, applications can be made for graduation, post graduation, certificate course, PhD etc.
- This portal facilitates students coming from more than 30 countries across the world especially within the Middle East, CIS, Africa and South Asia.
- Presently more than 150 Indian Institutes have been linked under the services of this new web portal to provide study courses to the students.
- With its help, more number of students from abroad will be encouraged to come forward and study in India.
- The government has also ensured that each selected institute is recognized and reputed. It should be top rated for NIRF and NAAC ranks.
Salient Features of Study in India Program
- Enabling students coming from abroad to get admission for higher education in India
- To develop India as a primary destination for foreign students’ education.
- Easing the way to Indian universities for foreign students who want to come to India to study.
- Applying for admission in eligible institutions of the country by visiting foreign students directly at one place.
- To expand education in India.
How to Online Registration on Study in India Portal
- Now you will come to the next page. In which you have to enter all the given information.
- After that you have to click on Register button.
- In this way you will be registered on the portal.
How to Login
- Now the login form will open in front of you.
- In which you have to login by entering User Name / Password / Capcha Code.
- In this way you will be able to login to the portal.
List of Institutes/Universities – Discipline wise
- After that you will come to the next page.
- As soon as you click on this link, a list of institutes/universities will open in front of you.
- In which you can choose the institutes according to your choice.
- After that you will get information related to Courses & Programs by going to More Details.
- TOLL FREE +91 120-6565065
Hope you have got all the information through this article. If you like the article then please like and comment.