|| Nai Pahal Wedding Kit Scheme | Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme | How to Get Wedding Kits | Benefits & Objective || Nai Pahal Yojana is the flagship scheme launched by the Odisha government for newly married couples. In which the state government will distribute wedding kits to the newlyweds under this section. With this scheme, the effort of the state government will be to bring population control under control. To get all this information, you have to read this article till the end. So let’s know about Odisha Nai Pahal Yojana.
Odisha Nai Pahal Yojana
A special scheme has been started by the Odisha government for newly married couples in the state. In which the family planning kit will be gifted to the couples. Under this scheme, the government will distribute free kits containing condoms and contraceptive pills to eligible beneficiaries, so that couples can be motivated to adopt proper family planning.
Overview of Nai Pahal Yojana
|Name Of the Scheme
|Nai Pahal Scheme
|By Whom Initiated done
|By the Government of Odisha
|Newley wed couples of the State
|Assistance to be Provided
Creating awareness for adopting family planning among newly married couples
Objective Of Odisha Nai Pahal Yojana
To raise awareness about the need for couples to adopt temporary and permanent methods of family planning.
Main aspects of the Scheme
The “Shaadi Kit” is a part of the new initiative scheme under the National Health Mission (NHM) to create awareness about the need for young couples to adopt both temporary and long-term methods of family planning.
According to NHM State Mission Director Shalini Pandit (TFR), Odisha is the first state to launch the campaign, despite the low total fertility rate.
The average number of children a woman has during her lifetime is called the TFR of the population. Odisha’s TFR is 1.8 as compared to the national average of 2. Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHAs) have been entrusted with the responsibility of providing kits to newly wed couples.
The package will also include a wedding congratulatory letter from the Chief Minister, apart from the contact information of local health professionals, ASHA and ANMs. The Department of Health intends to help expand family planning counseling and contraceptive services to all operational urban primary health centers, as well as increase the administration of new injectable contraceptives to eligible couples.
Assistance to be provided through Odisha Nai Pahal Yojana
- The beneficiary under the scheme will be included in a brochure box about the techniques and benefits of family planning along with a marriage registration form, condoms, oral contraceptive pills (OCP), and emergency contraceptive pills (ECP).
- The special gift set will include a home pregnancy test kit apart from a bridal grooming package which will include, among other things, a comb, bindi, nail cutter, mirror, handkerchief and towel.
Eligibility for Odisha Nai Pahal Yojana
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of the state of Odisha.
- Newly married couple will be eligible to take advantage of this scheme.
- Aadhaar card
- Permanent Certificate
- Passport size Photo
- Mobile Number
Benefits of Odisha Nai Pahal Yojana
- Odisha government will provide wedding kits to newly wed couples.
- This kit will include many things including condoms.
- The task of giving the kit will be of social health workers.
- These workers will be trained for this work, so that they can give correct information regarding the scheme and the material provided can be made available to the eligible beneficiaries.
- Through this scheme, young couples will be made aware about permanent and temporary methods of family planning and to adopt them.
- Will become the first state in the country to introduce such a scheme for newly married couples.
- This scheme will be started in the entire state.
How to get wedding kit
Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHA) have been entrusted with the responsibility of providing the kits to the newly weds, who will teach all the newlyweds about the appropriate way to give the kits and encourage them to use family planning methods.
“From the month of September, ASHAs will visit the houses where marriages are taking place and distribute pay kits there. As well as informing the newlyweds about spacing and limited techniques, they will also closely monitor the kit’s effectiveness.
Health workers will be trained for the scheme
Accredited social health workers will distribute kits to the newlyweds and they will start this work from September this year. ASHA workers will be trained for this work, so that they can properly make people aware to adopt it.
The scheme will be implemented in both the regions
The state government will distribute the kits to strengthen the family planning program in the state. This scheme will be implemented in both rural and urban areas of the state.
Odisha will become the first state to start such a scheme
Odisha will become the first state in the country to introduce Odisha Nai Pahal Yojana for newly married couples. Which will strengthen the family planning campaign.
I hope you have got all the information through this article. If you like the article then please like and comment.
Last Updated on November 11, 2022 by Abinash